Making An Appointment
To book an appointment:
- You will need a referral from your GP to make an appointment. A GP referral will also ensure you receive your Medicare rebate.
- Please complete a patient registration form.
Please bring the following to your appointment:
- A referral letter from your GP (if not already provided).
- Your Medicare or DVA card
- Workers Compensation details (if applicable)
- Any previous imaging, such as MRI, CT, Ultrasounds or X-rays (these may be available to Mr Lawson-Smith via the Radiology Departments). If your scans were taken at hospital, please let us know when you make your appointment and bring your films with you on the day if possible.
- A deposit is required to secure your appointment which is payable at time of booking.
Surgical, Consultation & Cancellation Fees
Insurance claims can be complicated. Insurers pay different benefits and provide many different levels of coverage. You may find this process is complicated and large bills can be incurred, leaving you feeling overwhelmed and disheartened.
At Mr Lawson Smith’s office, our administration staff will always provide you with a quote prior to your surgery, where possible. We pride ourselves on transparency in all areas of quoting to ensure all of our patients have informed financial consent.
Consultation fees vary depending if you are a new patient or an existing patient and the type of treatment that you require. Most of our fees and charges incur a rebate from Medicare which can be submitted online on the day, unless you are an overseas patient and are not entitled to a Medicare Card.
Speak to one of our friendly administration staff to find out about any additional charges. All accounts are to be settled on the day. Our practice accepts cash or credit card and we have EFTPOS facilities available.
All cancellation of appointments require 72 hours notice. Fees may be incurred for late notice or non-attendance of appointments. Appointments can be scarce so timely cancellation enables another patient to take your place.
Mr. Lawson-Smith consults from the following locations. All appointments are made through our main reception at Murdoch. Call (08) 6332 6325 to make an appointment.
- SJOG Murdoch – Murdoch Orthopaedic Clinic, Suite 10 / 100 Murdoch Drive, Murdoch WA 6150
- Peel Health Campus (Mandurah) – Peel Consulting Suites North, 110 Lakes Road, Mandurah WA 6210
- Waikiki Specialist Centre (Rockingham) – 217 Wilmott Drive, Waikiki WA 6169
- SJOG Subiaco – Suite 302/25 McCourt Street, Subiaco WA 6008
Mr. Lawson-Smith is accredited and operates from the following locations;
- SJOG Murdoch – SurgiCentre
- Peel Health Campus
- Bethesda Hospital
- SJOG Subiaco Main Theatres
- Hollywood Private Hospital
We understand that Workers’ Compensation can be stressful at times. Mr Lawson-Smith ensures a seamless medical approach, working very closely with all parties, including other specialists, to ensure that the you have the best possible outcome and highest level of care.
Mr Lawson-Smith accepts upper limb trauma cases and will see trauma patients within 24 – 48 hours.
If further imaging (MRI’s and CT Scans), splinting, and slings are required, our team will help facilitate these referrals to ensure prompt treatment with minimal disruption.